Zend Framework (ZF) is an open source, object-oriented web application framework dedicated to be implemented in PHP 5.
Zend Framework features include:
- All components are development friendly as they are fully object-oriented in PHP 5.
The architecture features are combined with components in way to minimize inter-dependencies.
Extensible MVC implementation supporting layouts and PHP-based templates by default.
Supportive to multiple database systems and vendors, including MariaDB, MySQL, Oracle, IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, SQLite, and Informix Dynamic Server.
Email composition and delivery, retrieval via mbox, Maildir, POP3 and IMAP4.
Flexible caching sub-system with support for different kind of back-ends, such as memory or a file system.
- Zend Framework applications can run on any PHP stack that fulfills the technical requirements.
- Zend Technologies provides a PHP stack, Zend Server, optimized for running Zend Framework applications.
- Zend Server includes Zend Framework in its installers, along with PHP and all required extensions. Zend Server provides improved performance for PHP and especially Zend Framework applications through op-code acceleration with several caching capabilities and includes application monitoring and even diagnostics facilities.
- Zend Studio is an IDE that includes features specifically to integrate with Zend Framework. It provides an MVC view, MVC code generation based on Zend Tool (a component of the Zend Framework), a code formatter, code completion, parameter assist, and more.
- As a developer I want to use a different PHP stack and another IDE such as Eclipse PDT which works well together with Zend Server
- Code contributions to Zend Framework are subject to rigorous code, documentation, and test standards.
- The Simple Cloud API and several Cloud Services are included in Zend Framework. The adapters to popular cloud services have reached production quality.
Zend is one of my favorite framework to develop customized web applications comparatively quicker and smoother way.